April 25, 2024, 05:06:25 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Legume Protein Isolate production  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Dkh7234

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Legume Protein Isolate production
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »
Good Evening,

I am interested in making a natural soybean protein isolate product.  It would be great to mix up a batch at home in the kitchen and have a few servings throughout the week.  I know it is available commercially but I think it would be fun to create it at home. I have been combing the internet for some time checking out various patents and trying to learn about the process. From what I understand you take soybeans, grind them up and mash them in an aqueous solution with an alkali pH.  You then filter the product and precipitate the solution by means of dropping the pH.  Then you extract the precipitate and dry it. The end product is soybean isolate. However, I attempted this without much luck this evening utilizing common kitchen chemicals such as lemon juice and sodium bicarbonate. Does anyone have any experience with such a protocol?  I have some laboratory equipment available at home to include a vacuum filtration pump, clinical centrifuge, and an assortment of glassware. 

Sources :http://www.google.com/patents?id=7u6nAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA3&dq=soybean+protein+isolate&hl=en&sa=X&ei=KhntT63eKKHd0QG66_zRDQ&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=soybean%20protein%20isolate&f=false
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:58:26 PM by Dkh7234 »

Sponsored Links