April 19, 2024, 01:03:46 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Haunting  (Read 15427 times)

Limpet Chicken

Haunting
« on: October 04, 2004, 06:05:18 PM »
You here may or may not find this strange, buy have any of you ever experienced a haunting o paranormal experience?

You see, there is this old mansion near where I live, with a large grounds, a basement, and about four floors, I have been inside it a good while ago, before it was bricked up, and the bottom floor had been gutted by fire.

Just recently, myself, my fiancee, and a few friends have been going to this house, we haven't been able to get in yet as the doors have been sealed (they are made of Al, so I'm going to use NaOH to get through them)

Strage thigs have happened there though, my friends sensed that there had been burning there, have heard screaming every time we go there of a woman scratching at the windows.

We keep seeing this little girl in a white dress running in the grounds, then dissappearing, whilst this "thing" we can feel it watching us, and following us everywhere we go.

Just today, my friend was attacked by something, that grabbed her leg, and at the same time, we heard something hiss "get out, run" twice, then her leg went all cold and unfeeling where this thing had grabbed her.

Later we heard her start saying these strange things, that she had no recollection of saying, "once touched by man, forever be mine" "look for it buried in the ground" and she knew nothing of saying any of it untill we asked her WTF she just said.

We all turned and ran, through town, and we kept hearing hissing, threats, and footsteps behind us, at night, in a deserted town with noone behind us.

None of my friends are joking around playing tricks or anything, as myself and my fiancee were the first ones to go there, and felt this ourselves, and my friends were quite genuinely scared witless, and to be quite honest so am I.

After we left, i noticed, that we all felt sort of heavy and drained of energy inside, and all our hands were stone cold and numb, while the rest of our bodies were feeling fine.

I still feel watched, like this thing is following me, we feel quite a few prescences there, the little girl, and the woman, like they are crying out for help, rhis watching prescence, we can sense nothing more of him/her/it than it watches, and great power, but we can't sense it's intent.

There is another prescence, though, the one threatening and attacking us, that feels weak when we go in the daylight, but immensely dangerous at night, and utterly and totally malevolent, feels demonic in nature, and has us all scared.

I don't scare easily, but that thing that told us to get out has me absolutely terrified.

What is your opinions on this? any of you have a similar experience or advice?
we are thinking of holding an exorcism first, of the evil prescence, and then trying to communicate with the watcher, from the grounds of the house to learn its true nature.

ssssss

Re:Haunting
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 05:54:31 AM »
No surprise to see this thread from you Limpet chicken. :o

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 10:58:58 AM »
I am totally serious, I know how it sounds, sounds crazy doesn't it?

I think it is too, but I am quite sure I am not the sort to go hearing voices, or seeing things, let alone be scared out of my skin by whatever the hell is around that house.

I want to go back there, and put up some tape recorders etc. and see if theres any "activity" recorded on tape later, I think, if any of you saw this place for yourself, you would be scared too, I can assure you my consciousness wasn't "altered" in any way any of the times we went there, and neither was that of my friends.

Corvettaholic

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 05:04:15 PM »
You should bring a video camera, I'd be curious to see this place. I would just go myself, but this place happens to be in the UK, I assume.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 05:05:28 PM »
I think you would be the best person to investigate this mystery, you should take a camcoder too.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Corvettaholic

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 05:13:25 PM »
Make sure you have a USB port on there, so we can get the footage from you. Providing you survive of course. Bring a shotgun, probably won't do much against a ghost but it'll act as a security blanket.

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 05:15:33 PM »
If I had a video camera, I would bring it, a little audio taping session shouldn't be beyond my means though.

I am more worried about this thing in there, I am pretty sure it is actually dangerous, it's attacked us three times, I won't go in that place alone, I won't even go into the grounds alone, but I don't want anything to happen to my friends.

I want to find out more about the place, but I also want rid of one prescence we sense, the one that attacked us, as I have a reall bad feeling about whatever it is :o

I don't actually have a shotgun, but good idea about the weapon, will come in handy if there are any weirdos in there, I could bring my rifle, or one of my swords ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 05:18:18 PM by Limpet Chicken »

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 06:33:37 PM »
What if the spirit posesses you and you shoot your friend? Don't take any weapons.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 06:43:51 PM »
I didn't think of that! me, and a friend, who is an experienced witch (wiccan) are going down there tomorrow, to see if we can 'channel' the spirit, and communicate with it, or at least learn more of what lurks in that place.

Something quite strange happened tonight, there was a storm, quite heavy, and lots of rain, and my fiancee was trying to go there, like she felt like she just had to go, in the end, I told my dad she was in trouble, and we went out looking, and we picked her up in the car and drove her back to mine as she was trying to get to the house, she keeps being drawn to go there :o

Tetrahedrite

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 08:13:35 PM »
Surely you guys can't be serious, for science minded people! There will obviously be a logical explaination, it is quite strange what fear can do to the mind and I'd hazard a guess that what you see is simply a matter of a prank or your mind playing tricks on you.

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 09:43:35 PM »
I thought the same myself, and indeed I hope for a logical explanation, I have yet to find one though.

Shame you couldn't look over the place yourself, it does have a decidedly malevolent air to it somehow, it always has, most of the entry ways have been bricked up now, with only a drainpipe to the 4th floor remaining, but I have been in there before, and its always felt tense in there, this other activity there has only showed itself quite recently, I'll keep you guys posted on anything interesting we find there but I most sincerely hope there is none whatsoever.

I don't know WHAT explanation there could be for the voices, attacks, or the apparitions we've been seeing though :P

Tetrahedrite, the little girl we have seen running around can't be a prank or anything, I have seen her before my eyes, feet away, pointing at a door there, and she/it can move damn fast when she/it wants to, assuming that is, that it has some form of consciousness, rather than one of those times where an event is suppose to play back over and over like a recording, I don't think it is that though, as the girl, and the woman's actions seem quite variable, and have been channeled through one of my friends involuntarily before, as for the evil prescence, I just want that thing the hell away from me, as far away as is possible.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 09:48:25 PM by Limpet Chicken »

Tetrahedrite

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2004, 10:02:23 PM »
I understand it may be real, but I start to get very cynical when people start using concepts from the movies and the occult like "channelling" "conciousness" "witches or wicca" "energy". I have a bias as I am a member of the Australian Skeptics Society and have seen many proven hoaxes of this type before. However, you are correct, I have not observed this myself so I may be wrong. Even with what you have described I would still be leaning towards a natural, rather than super-natural, explaination

Corvettaholic

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2004, 01:56:55 PM »
About your mind playing tricks on you, that can be a very real possibility. Then again, it could be supernatural I guess. I've never put much stock in supernatural stuff, but I'd love to see some hard evidence of it! I like to stay open minded about it, its interesting stuff :)

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 06:50:49 PM »
Just dropping by, seeing whats gone on here, thought I would update you on the happenings at that old mansion.

We still haven't gone into the place itself, only the grounds, some of us are going to attempt to cleanse the place, and are getting a few basic supplies in a short time and are going to exorcise the house and grounds of the threatening prescence, the others we are going to leave until we can at least try communication etc. as they don't seem dangerous.

We went into the grounds again, little to no activity, until just before we left, some of us started getting cuts appear on us, so we left in a hurry, and haven't been back for a few days.

I really want to get to the bottom of this, I hope there's a "normal" explanation for it all, as the non-ordinary alternative is something I REALLY do not want to have to deal with, as I made a few stupid mistakes back in there a few years ago, when I was heavily into some occult stuff, demonology etc. I am keeping an open mind on the whole thing, but if it is related to what was done in there then for sure it is going to get unpleasant : :(  

ssssss

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2004, 11:10:39 AM »
Make sure you have a USB port on there, so we can get the footage from you. Providing you survive of course. Bring a shotgun, probably won't do much against a ghost but it'll act as a security blanket.

Lol.Yeah....

Footage of limpet in action.Maybe another EvilDead Movie.LoL

Sponsored Links