March 28, 2024, 09:49:12 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Haunting  (Read 15357 times)

Limpet Chicken

Re:Haunting
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 01:09:38 PM »
I am considering looking for a cheap second hand video camera for this, I should be able to pick up one for not too much, thats a pretty damn good idea I think, even if no otherworldly demonic thingys are able to get over stagfright ;D would be bloody funny for sure :)

Corvettaholic

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004, 01:17:30 PM »
How exactly would you go about exorcising a place anyway? The other thing I can think of is from the movie Exorcist... "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!"

How do you talk to ghosts anyway? If it was me, I'd probably just say hi and hope for the best. Wonder how well ghosts respond to high voltage...

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 02:30:47 PM »
I think that fear has a lot to do with most 'haunted' sites.  I had a friend who had some interesting theories about ghosts, etc., and his idea was that time didn't flow in a linear fashion like we thought, and that we didn't fully understand it.  That could explain seeing a 'ghost' of a person doing some repetitive action over and over in the same area, assuming that time wasn't flowing linearly.  That's some pretty thin conjecture, though.  As for the house, I'd rather spend the night there than walk through downtown Oakland at night. :)  I know there's something to be afraid of there.

Corvettaholic

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 02:40:50 PM »
Last time I was in Oakland for military duty, the NCO in charge told me to pack heat if I decided to go there at night. I wondered why, until I took a look for myself. Not feeling too safe there, military or no. But I'd rather be there than in a haunted house, I think fear is the ultimate paralyzer.

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004, 09:22:51 PM »
As for how to perform the exorcism, standard procedure is to make an unbroken ring of salt round the entire exterior of the building, and burn white sage in each room, whilst commanding the demon to leave, burning the resin of asafoetida also is good for driving away evil, followed by in this case, the burning of the heart and liver of a fish, and while standing in a pentagram marked out in salt, pronounce a banishment ritual to get rid of the demon for good.

The heart and liver thing isn't the norm, but is specific to the hellspawn in question, the aforementioned we think to be an underling of a rage and lust demon by the name of Asmodae, also known as Asmodeus or ashmedai, I must find my copy of Waite's book the occult sciences and look up said evil one further.

High voltage, now there is an interesting idea, as apparently many supposed hauntings/manifestations etc. are accompanied by some quite intense EM fields.

Corvettaholic

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 12:30:07 PM »
I'm remember reading a lot about supernatural sightings and electromagnetic activity. Good opportunity for science! New magnets, powered by ghosts! Get them to cooperate, and you could turn a haunted house into a nifty power plant.

Sponsored Links