April 17, 2024, 11:26:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: News: October 13th 2004  (Read 5452 times)

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
News: October 13th 2004
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:18:17 PM »
Things have picked up around the forums now that school is in full swing. We are averaging near or over 200 unique hits a day. Movies and Demotivator have graciously become our 2 latest moderators. Juan R. has been given some room on our server to post his canonical chemistry work canonical. Awk and Kong have added some useful sites to our links index. Also, Awk and Jdurg were given global moderator status at some point a long time ago, but I never announced it. Tetrahedrite was given a spiffy "Chemist" tag underneath his name. If anyone wants one of googles free e-mail account go bother greg pawin he has 6 gmail invites.

Latest work to the site includes the addition of a hefty load of molecules into the Common Names page, link to your left, by Movies and myself. Also, I've done some touch-up work on our periodic table but not enough to notice a change. I'm also thinking about selling some cheesy mugs or even giving away some cheesy key chains with our logo on it. I'll let you know what I decide.

Mitch
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 01:09:02 PM by Mitch »
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Corvettaholic

Re:News: October 13th 2004
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 05:49:48 PM »
Have you looked into becoming a reseller for lab equipment and chemicals? Depending on how you do it, you can maintain inventory or just have the main manufacturer do a drop ship for you. We do that a lot in my company. Hey, extra money for the forums (or mitch)!

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 07:02:09 PM »
Hey Mitch,
     If you want, you can use the photos of my elements from the periodic table file I uploaded in the periodic table being used for the site.  The only three that aren't actually mine are the fluorine, technetium, and promethium samples.  Everything else is from my collection so feel free to use it.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 10:44:17 PM »
That's a good idea, thanks for the offer.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Sponsored Links