April 19, 2024, 10:13:57 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Organic pollutants present in water  (Read 7197 times)

Offline ijan

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Organic pollutants present in water
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
Hello guys. My research topic is Organic compounds present in water. if somebuddy can share their current issues with water due to organic compounds or can list all organic compounds which can contaminate water quality. then can post please. Thanks

Offline Mr Peanut

• Mole Snacks: +5/-3
Re: Organic pollutants present in water
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:12:19 AM »
The list is extremely long. For starters, let’s limit it to what is typically tested in water. Navigate to:

http://newenglandtesting.com/publications/methods.htm

You will see at the top that you can view drinking water, wastewater and groundwater.

The parameters under drinking water include organics and are tested as required under the Federal Primary Drinking Water Standard (40CFR149)

The wastewater also includes organics and these are tested under the Clean Water Act.

Finally, groundwater parameters include organics and are tested for a variety of reasons.

These lists are still not complete because they are limited to what this particular lab does.

I recommend you narrow your topic to say drinking water and consult 40CFR149.

Offline ijan

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Organic pollutants present in water
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 09:01:06 AM »
Thanks for your reply, actually i am interrested in non-volatile compounds to be measure by MECK-CZE. method is my major in one country side city river water.

Sponsored Links