March 29, 2024, 06:26:35 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: ELEMENT COLL.- WHAT ELEMENT/WHAT FORM?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline omega54

• Mole Snacks: +1/-4
ELEMENT COLL.- WHAT ELEMENT/WHAT FORM?
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:48:10 AM »
Hello folks, I have been collecting Elements for some time, as many others here I am sure are also.
I just like to to hear back from as many members here, professional, amateur, students.

*The question is: If you were given a choice of only two Elements from the periodic Table, which two would they be, and if Metallic, what form, crystallized,
powder, shaving, ingots etc?

*The second question: Which form of the Elements do you prefer to collect in, again Ingots, Rods, powder, Crystal etc.?

Thanks to all who might take the time to respond here, the main reason I am asking these questions, is simply that thru the years I keep wrestling with what is the truest form of an element, Rods always offer a good suface appearance, yet crystallized or sublimed offer natural element xl form?

The final question i have, i need to fill out my uranium suite of my collection, I am looking to acquire a very small amount (couple grams) of Uranyl Nitrate and/or U3O8.
I really do not have the means to produce it for myself, so I am asking all collectors who might be able to offer some suggestions, will be willing to offer
a fair price for a sample of each. I have already called United Nuclear, but they said that their so backlogged, they are not taking any special request.
So propose this request to the Element collectors here.

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links