March 29, 2024, 09:54:29 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The Thesis Prayer-Pre-Defense!!!!  (Read 27381 times)

Offline Alpha-Omega

• Mole Snacks: +360/-231
  • Physical Inorganic Chemist
The Thesis Prayer-Pre-Defense!!!!
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:35:33 PM »
Prayer for My Thesis

The Lord is my thesis adviser; I shall not err.
He arranges for me to be published in the
respectable journals; he teaches me how
to use the reductio argument.
He enshores my validity; he leads me by
the classical logic, for the truth's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of
the existence proofs, I will fear no contradiction;
for he edits my work.
The Axiom of Choice and Zorn's Lemma, they comfort me.

He invites a colloquium on classical analysis,
for my participation, in the absence of the constructivists;
He frequently and approvingly abstracts me
in Mathematical Reviews;
my reputation flourishes internationally.
Surely, honors and grants shall follow me
all the days of my career,
and I shall rise in the ranks of the
Department,
to Emeritus.

Amen.

Offline CAT75

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +2/-1
Re: The Thesis Prayer-Pre-Defense!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »
LOL...I wrote that...I remember!!!!!

Offline agrobert

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +69/-17
  • diels alder
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:21:03 PM »
Shows you how "new" these jokes are.
In the realm of scientific observation, luck is only granted to those who are prepared. -Louis Pasteur

Offline Martingale

• Mole Snacks: +7/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »
Prayer for My Thesis

The Axiom of Choice and Zorn's Lemma, they comfort me.

Aren't these the same  :)
Professor: Anywho, your net suits will let you experience Fry's worm-infested bowels as if you were actually wriggling through them.
Dr. Zoidberg: There's no part of that sentence I didn't like.

Offline Alpha-Omega

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
Yes they are they same...it is a joke..it is not mean to be an exercise in analytical literature....

Reference Wiki:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorn's_lemma

Additionally, if you scroll down the page:  Sketch of the proof of Zorn's lemma (from the axiom of choice)

Now for some reason y'all have decided to not take these as jokes....no one ever said that they were NEW!!!  There is no prerequisite posted saying all jokes posted must be NEW.

Ref:  look at all the past jokes posted.  That would include the cheesy pick-up lines...OLD AS THE HILLS!!!!!

Again, let me repeat ...These are jokes...if you want to spend your time critiquing them...by all means...have a BLAST!!!!!  If it rocks your world, then more power to you!!!!

WOW, I watch reruns of I Love Lucy...and Guess WHAT???  They are still funny!!!!! 

Now, if you do not like them, do not like them-then bypass them.  I bypass alot of things up here.  However, I do not make a federal case out of it. 

I do not contradict myself and turn myself into a hypocrit when there are so many other OLD JOKES ...and redundant cliché expressions posted...and point to one post...Specifically, to the posts of one person. 

Exactly how many times are you going to try and make this point?  It is getting kind of old. Haven't you figured it out yet?  I am not going to be your victim.  Find another target!!!!

You are entitled to your opinion...you do know what they say about opinions...RIGHT!!!!  OMG another joke....!!!!  Imagine that!!!

I am a firm believer in laying your cards on the table...So with that said:

Let me be the first to suggest a new poll!!!!  Why don't you arrange to set a poll in motion and see if the humor site should be eliminated...Have it span a 7 day period!!!  WHY NOT!!!!  It is next on your HIT LIST!!!!!  Just do iyt and be done with it.

Actually, I recently read that some woman tried to hire a hit man on Craig's List to eliminate her rival....Now there's a thought...Why don't you pursue it!!!!!

I like this forum.  I support this forum.  I will continue to contribute to this forum.  I do not have time to go round and round about this.  You have a great whatever it is you have!!!!!

Yo there, dude-Agrobert...with the one liners:  "This is dumb" ...and..."Shows you how "new these jokes are."  How about posting a joke....back it up...let's see what you've got!!!!...Why don't you support the humor forum?  Come on be a CONTRIBUTOR!!!!   Don't be a DETRACTOR!!!!!  Yeah I am calling you out!!!!!

S0, what?  You can read them.  You can criticize them.  AHHHHHH, but can you post them??

Oh, yeah, CAT75 PMed me and told me how much he liked the joke.  He said he wished he had written it.  Want a copy of the PM?

Now...I am right here.  I am not hiding.  Feel Free to Bring It On!!!!  TIC TIC TIC...Times a wastin'...Post a joke. And make sure you carbon date it....!!!!!

Suelta, Suelta!  Sin miedo....

PEACE OUT!!!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:57:57 PM by Alpha-Omega »

Offline Martingale

• Mole Snacks: +7/-1
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
Yes they are they same...it is a joke..it is not mean to be an exercise in analytical literature....

I didn't know if it was common knowledge that the Axiom of Choice and Zorn's Lemma were equivalent among chemists....Just thought I'd help those out that didn't know. :)

I like your jokes.  Many are new to me.  Keep em coming  ;D
Professor: Anywho, your net suits will let you experience Fry's worm-infested bowels as if you were actually wriggling through them.
Dr. Zoidberg: There's no part of that sentence I didn't like.

Offline Alpha-Omega

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 11:17:01 PM »
I thought your comment was a good one...suppose I should have defined that with an asterisk at the bottom...not too many people know "Axiom of Choice and Zorn's Lemma were equivalent among chemists".  Actually, i had to explain that part to 2 people at work!!!!

The joke was sent to me by one of my friends.  She asked me to post it.  My comments were NOT directed toward you.  I know you were being helpful....Hell, if i had thought of it myself I would not have had to repeat myself 3 times...LOL

I get alot of jokes from alot of people...HELL DAMN..If I think they are good...I  post them.... I don't CARBON DATE THEM!!!!!  LMAO!!!!!   ;) ;) ;)

Offline agrobert

• Chemist
  • diels alder
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:26:16 AM »
TLDR
In the realm of scientific observation, luck is only granted to those who are prepared. -Louis Pasteur

Offline Alpha-Omega

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 03:02:24 AM »
OK...LOL..TLDR..you made me look that one up....AGREED...

I just look at it this way...you keep me current in my writing skills so when i publish that book with all those crazy tech support stories and I make a billion dollars...I owe it all to you.... ;D

ACRONYM   Abbreviated Coded Rendition Of Name Yielding Meaning

Offline agrobert

• Chemist
  • diels alder
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 03:11:34 AM »
haha

Offline shadow1

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »
LOL...I thought it was funny

Sponsored Links