Hey guys, a bit of a strange question I suppose, but it is related to chemistry. Here is the deal:
I’ve found a bed that I like (It’s the “Mariott bed” made by Jamison used in Mariott hotels.) It is made of 9 inches polyurethane foam, and has no springs. So my question is, is polyurethane safe to sleep on for 8 hours a day long-term, or is it toxic? (I’m most interested in the safety of polyurethane itself, not the fire retardants, since I know a guy who will make me one without it.)
I keep reading “green” sites that say polyurethane is toxic for a sleeping surface, and then others say no problem. I'm not sure what to think, so I figured I’d ask some folks who have a real understanding of chemistry their opinion.
What do you experts say? (Thanks in advance for any input.)