March 28, 2024, 03:30:04 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: OHhh...Brother!!!!  (Read 33779 times)

Offline hurkie1

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
OHhh...Brother!!!!
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:42:53 PM »
  What is this?
Good day everyone. I stopped in to your forum seeking information. My brother came up with this cockamamie "formula" that may be an illegal substance so i am compelled to ask what it is he's up to. Whether illegal or not he believes the resulting compound to be methamphetamine and so will probably die trying to use it as such.
I came upon him adding to a cooler 3 things in these proportions; activated charcoal about 8 dry qts to the empty cooler then 1 gal of gun blue & 1 gal of sudsless ammonia. He was preparing a wooden "insert" for the top of the cooler & was stapling alternating patterns of string and copper wire spaced 1 inch apart and just to the surface (not touching) the 3 ingredients listed above.
He is planning on smoking, shooting, snorting, and selling to others this crap and so I need help fast. Is this a reality? Will it form crystalline shards similar to glass? is it illegal? meth? what?
Thank You in advance

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline hurkie1

Re: OHhh...Brother!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »
  O.K. Thanks for response but that kinda raises more questions, especially after following the link. What I am worried about is in fact if this is put together then this "meth" real or fake will come out of it as crystals or any other form and then be ingested by my brother.
I understand your response of its crap but is it a crap that is everyday used mistakenly as meth or purposely as an equivalent or for sake of the integrity of this forums purpose; is the chemistry as i detailed going to lead to some form of "usable" salt? Because having followed and read the link I quote.

a) he's arguing against this compound but states it's ingested the same routes as methamphetamine
b)saying that addicts get these "ice bites" "meth bites"
c)then he argues its half life and the point it becomes inert leaving me to believe that my brother may in fact be producing through these chemicals a compound very similar and so i worry more now

"However, this is not really meth; it's alive. It is a fungus that keeps growing inside your body long after you ingest it (by shooting or smoking) That's why addicts scratch and get open sores; it's the ice forming new crystals in a person's skin. These are called "meth bites." (locally, "ice bites" - assonance is important to addicts, too) On top of all that, it has a "half-life" of only a few days after removal from the ground; within two weeks, it will be pharmacologically inert."http://gideonsguardians.blogspot.com/2006/07/new-meth-recipe-aka-easter-bunny-meth.html

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
I am not really sure why you are so concerned if this become meth or not. Somebody willing, without any real knowledge, to mix a bunch of chemical together and take it is in serious danger. There is potential in those chemicals to cause serious harm. And if he is willing to blindly take some random mixture, there are tons of stuff that he can make that will kill him or make him handicapped for life.

Does it really matter what he takes that kills him?

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 07:10:29 PM »
Text is poorly formatted, what you are referring to is probably a quote, or description of "street knowledge". What is important starts with "The problem is, this recipe is all a bunch of crap".
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline hurkie1

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 12:20:16 AM »
 Thanks i appreciate the time. In response to why I am so concerned whether it actually makes methamphetamine is while I do not want hime to kill himself by ingesting this compound i as well do not want to see him spend his life locked away. again thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »
He'll likely die before he gets locked away. As a professional chemist, I would not eat that mixture of chemicals even if I made it myself. Also, the recipe is worth for s#*$, you can't get all the biologically active carbons in methamphetamine from charcoal! If you could, you would not only have something to get you high, but a Nobel prize as well.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 07:49:18 AM »
He'll likely die before he gets locked away. As a professional chemist, I would not eat that mixture of chemicals even if I made it myself. Also, the recipe is worth for s#*$, you can't get all the biologically active carbons in methamphetamine from charcoal! If you could, you would not only have something to get you high, but a Nobel prize as well.
tip you can made meth (shabu) via an over the counter drug... but shabu has an irreversible effect to the brain....
so if oyur brother wants to die in ecstasy i recommend him drinking clostridium mixed with laughing gas,a daily dose of this will likely to get rid from him 15 years of his life
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Sponsored Links