March 19, 2024, 03:51:55 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Trying to find information on 1,2,3 methoxy propane  (Read 3575 times)

Offline toothwalker

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Trying to find information on 1,2,3 methoxy propane
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:35:10 AM »
I'm trying to find any information I can on 1,2,3 methoxy propane. This is not for a homework assignment, it seems to be popping up as a side product on a project I am working on. I can't seem to find any information on it so I wanted to try and find out first of all if this product is possible and secondly any physical properties that are known. The CRC seems to list this chemical(as trimethoxy propane) and gives the MP around 150 C. I would love to confirm this and to get some more properties for this if I can.

Thanks!!

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
Re: Trying to find information on 1,2,3 methoxy propane
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
I'm trying to find any information I can on 1,2,3 methoxy propane. This is not for a homework assignment, it seems to be popping up as a side product on a project I am working on. I can't seem to find any information on it so I wanted to try and find out first of all if this product is possible and secondly any physical properties that are known. The CRC seems to list this chemical(as trimethoxy propane) and gives the MP around 150 C. I would love to confirm this and to get some more properties for this if I can.Thanks!!
The only trimethoxy propane I found was 1,1,3-trimethoxy not 1,2,3, so make sure the one you say your found is the correct one.  You say you want to make sure this "product is possible", what does that mean?  Can you post the step of your project that you believe is generating this side-product?  How did you determine this product, through NMR?

Sponsored Links