April 20, 2024, 09:00:58 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Microwave accelerated reactions  (Read 3261 times)

Offline rhyno-of-the-port

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Microwave accelerated reactions
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »
Basically, i'm discussing the use of microwave irradiation to accelerate or alter the reaction rate/yield/conditions in metal catalysed reactions compared to typical wet synthetic methods. I have chosen 4 fairly typical reactions, which i know are improved my microwave irradiation- heck, suzuki, stille and petathesis olefination. There is no problem identifying how these are improved by a microwave, but i cannot for the life of me find anywhere where the basic reaction conditions, times and reagents for these reactions are set out clearly. Anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks

Re: Microwave accelerated reactions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:09:26 AM »
Surely someone has something helpful to contribute? :)

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »
I once posted a link on these boards to an online  web journal on microve applications for chemistry, but I've since lost it, and I can't search my old posts with the new skin.  Try Google, it should be a fairly hot page.  Unless you can get the silly Google search on these boards to give useful info.  ::)
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »
It's ok now i went to sciencedirect and compared conventional heck, stille and ullmann reactions/times/yields to their microwave-assisted counterparts

Sponsored Links