April 25, 2024, 06:06:00 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: ecstasy structural formula. PLEASE *delete me*!!  (Read 8849 times)

tash5441

ecstasy structural formula. PLEASE *delete me*!!
« on: May 06, 2005, 06:21:48 AM »
Please I am in desperate need of help. I need to know the structural formula for ecstasy and I have the chemical formula C11H15NO2 but then when I looked at the supposed structural formula there were only 14 Hydrogen atoms or whatever they were. I need to understand the structural formula too and I thought I did until I discovered this. This is all information I have found on the internet so I don't know whether it is correct of not but could someone just set me straight.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

hemispheredancer

Re:ecstasy structural formula. PLEASE *delete me*!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 06:57:44 AM »
I don't know what the rules are about posting about drug structures and such, but I'll give it a shot.  Apologies if I have broken any rules.  The formula you have is right.  There are 15 hydrogens present.  I have attached the structure so that you may count them up.  

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:27:00 AM »
reminder: discussion of illegal drugs are limited to scholastic aspects
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 06:50:55 PM »
Even though probably mean no harm in you question about the drug, you should never synthesise it or take it. Not just because of legal reasons. The FIRST time you take ecstasy it changes the way your brain functions for life. No joke. I did a small research project on it. It mess your whole life up also. The reason i did the research paper was because I saw an old friend of mine take ecstasy. I have not talked to her in a long time. I tried helping her in the begginning, but she got extremely screwed she just wasn't the same even when she was sober. Please take my story and never try it or sell it.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

hemispheredancer

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:29:54 PM »
I hope I didn't do any harm in answering the question.  I cannot agree more with constant thinker.  I hope to be able to answer questions only in the pursuit of a deeper knowledge of chemistry.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 10:30:57 PM by hemispheredancer »

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 11:17:43 PM »
It's fine. The structures of several methamphetamines can be found in our "Common Names" page.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

tash5441

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 03:15:05 AM »
Thankyou so much. It is purely for a school project we are doing on alkaloids and drugs. I have found an accurate picture of the structural formula and so now I understand it. Thanks!

Sponsored Links