April 25, 2024, 03:47:12 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Titration  (Read 3776 times)

Offline leanniffer

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Titration
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »
What effect does a ten-fold variation in the initial concentration of analyte have on the equivalence point? What effect does it have on the half-equivalence point?

I am just confused as the best approach to this problem?

Offline leanniffer

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Titration
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 10:36:04 PM »
I know that by increasing the concentration of the analyte the inflection point near the equivalence point should be increasing. This makes me believe that the pH at this point will also increase. But by how much? Also if the equivalence point is increasing the buffer region before the equivalence point should also be increasing. Am I on the right track?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Titration
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:30:13 AM »
I assume you mean acid-base titration, you have not stated it clearly and there are many other titration types.

Do you know how to calculate pH of equivalence point? If so, can you take a look at formula(s) used and say what will happen if you change concentration of titrated substance tenfold?

Do you know how to calculate pH at half titration? If so, can you take a look at formula used and say what will happen if you change concentration of titrated substance tenfold?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links