March 28, 2024, 07:34:14 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Are your UPLC's (Acquity) reliable? Mine is not.  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Griiland22

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Are your UPLC's (Acquity) reliable? Mine is not.
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:03:55 PM »
I recently became involved in a project that used an Acquity UPLC to do the testing.  I have had nothing but trouble with the instruments (3) associated with this project.  I'm not running anything crazy - water and ACN for mobile phase, both are MS grade and directly used out of the bottle.  The water is changed weekly to prevent growth.  The samples are a pharmaceutical mixture in clean solvent which are filtered prior to running.  I see no problem with my set-up so far but over the last six months we have had five seperate issues with the injector, many check valve and seal failures and very inconsistent column performance.  I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or if I just have three lemons?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be very appreciated as I am new to UPLC (although I have 10+ years of HPLC experience) and am beginning to wonder if these systems are even worth the hassle.  In six months I haven't had a single week where all three instruments were operational.  It is driving me crazy.

Offline marquis

• Mole Snacks: +35/-3
Re: Are your UPLC's (Acquity) reliable? Mine is not.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »
Please forgive the question. It's one that has to be asked.   

Does your system automatically degas the solvent?

If not, did you sparge the solvents or pull vacuum to degas them?

Sponsored Links