March 28, 2024, 07:48:50 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Lab report schiff base + ligand, NMR, IR, UV-Vis analysis, a few queries...  (Read 4855 times)

Offline undergraduating

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi all!
first time post, though have lurked a little, hope i don't do anything to ungraciously offend...
Am working on lab report for first year chem course, basics of lab was to use NMR, IR, mass spec, UV-vis to determine unknown diamine. Have mostly finished, but am having a few troubles with assigning hydrogens to nmr and also interpreting the IR spec (and a little for the UV-Vis too)
Have posted report as .jpg, so hopefully everyone can see alright.
will post the IR, UV-Vis sheets in subsequent post, and .pdf of report if is easier to view.
If anyone can have quick read over report and post comments, would be much appreciated.
Will post specific questions in next post, which should contain related printouts.
thanks in advance!

Offline undergraduating

have to pop out, will continue shortly... (1hr)

Offline undergraduating

Here are the 2 IR-Spectrum plots, I am having trouble assigning the peaks to any functional group. The peaks with scribbly ballpoint pen writing on them are associated with nugol, and therefore not very useful. The other peaks i can't correlate to data, unless some weird thing is going on with cyclic ring...

Offline undergraduating

Here is UV-Vis data, once again I'm having trouble associating peaks... there is small peak @610nnm on complex data, which shows absorption of red-orange light, but surely there must be more information here?

Offline undergraduating

and lastly here is hnmr of ligand, this one I think i have had the most sucess with, however if someone cuold check over what is displayed in report i would be very grateful.
also is page i missed from report.

Offline undergraduating

draft of report :)

Sponsored Links