April 18, 2024, 08:41:13 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemistry and the Environment: Share Great Ideas Here !!!  (Read 4507 times)

Offline donsayuriru

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemistry and the Environment: Share Great Ideas Here !!!
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:59 PM »

Hi All!

I have always been fascinated by the techniques in Chemistry. How much more if they were employed in methods that could help our environment? It may range from a simple laboratory determination of the amount of mineral content in water to complex determinations or measurements involving toxicology. My thesis was a simple Monte Carlo determination of hydrogen-halogen reactions (with suggested reaction mechanisms) and it made me realize that this can also be employed in gaseous interactions or gas-particle interactions of the Earth's atmosphere. If you can share your experiences with chemical analyses or explorations that greatly involved our environment, you are welcome to share! That will certainly be a great shared idea for everyone to know about. This will also enlighten both Chemistry or non-Chemistry enthusiasts how valuable our course is.

If you have old or recent experiences with analyses or methods that take samples to elucidate environmental behaviors or any undertaking there is, feel free to share on this thread. As the thread progresses we can try to gather all information and get it published somewhere. For every shared information, please (although it is not necessary but will be helpful) provide the following information:

Email address:
City and country involved:
Interesting summary:
Details:

Offline sexest

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
iron content
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 08:20:29 AM »
any one could help how 2 remove iron content remove in essential oil

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sponsored Links