April 27, 2024, 12:37:54 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: pyro chemistry  (Read 5642 times)

Maser

pyro chemistry
« on: July 19, 2005, 10:31:43 PM »
hey im new to this site n the only form of chemistry im into is pyro chemistry n i mean the kind where u make fireworks n other theatrical pyrotechnic devices from scratch but anyways i was wondering how many other ppl out there like that kind of chemistry too

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
Re:pyro chemistry
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 02:00:54 AM »
There's a lot of these people, myself included.  Most are at rec.pyrotechnics.  My guess is you won't find much on these forums for two reasons:

1. We don't discuss how to make pyrotechnic devices, explosives, drugs, or other illicit material.

2. We discuss the academic and scientific aspects of these materials, not the practical 'how to' side.  For two good threads look in the Inorganic Chemistry forum under 'How do the fireworks emit light' and one thread that just wrapped up in the 'Random Science Question' forum about the physics of explosives.  Personally, I find the chemistry fascinating.  There's a lot of interesting chemistry from the inorganic to the physical side of things.

If you are still interested in discussing the academic and scientific aspects of these types of chemistry, please stick around.  If not, you're more likely to enjoy rec.pyrotechnics  (Google news groups).

One more thing, if you make a decent attempt at proper grammar and punctuation you're more likely to get a response on the forums here.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 02:02:47 AM by hmx9123 »

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
Re:pyro chemistry
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 09:13:06 AM »
Just to add to what hmx has posted, while we'd love to discuss in more detail pyrotechnic compositions, legally we just can't do that.  This country is so litigation happy that if someone came by here and tried to make a bomb or a drug and wound up hurting themselves or others, we could be held responsible for their stupidity.  It's really outrageous and stupid, but this country is full of pathetic idiots who don't want to take responsibility for their actions and would rather sue people to get money.   >:(
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Sponsored Links