April 26, 2024, 02:14:43 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Phenyl-Magnesium-Bromide reactions!!  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Monday Doriani MD

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Phenyl-Magnesium-Bromide reactions!!
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:45 AM »
I have here a reaction and I cant decide it if its really that simple....maybe I would also need some help regarding the conditions required for these reactions to proceed. Maybe someone could type down the schemes of these reactions along with the conditions, catalyzers or anything else needed...thx alot.

A solution of 10g phenyl magnesium bromide is poured in ether.This solution was then added with cooling and stirring to a solution of 5g 2-dimethylaminomethyl-cyclohexanone. After addition of Grignard reagent it is refluxed for 15min. Then 75cc 2N hydrochloric acid is added slowly with stirring and cooling.The aqueous layer is separated off, made alkaline and the product extracted with ether. 2-(dimethylaminomethyl)-1-phenyl-cyclohexan-1-ol was obtained as colorles oil.108'-111;C/0,5mm.

and what about the condensation of methylbenzylamine hydrochloride, paraformaldehyde and cyclohexanone??? Anyone could give me a hint about the possible outcomes and conditions for this reaction to occur?

Offline OC pro

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +36/-15
Re: Phenyl-Magnesium-Bromide reactions!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:19:20 PM »
A solution of 10g phenyl magnesium bromide is poured in ether.This solution was then added with cooling and stirring to a solution of 5g 2-dimethylaminomethyl-cyclohexanone. After addition of Grignard reagent it is refluxed for 15min. Then 75cc 2N hydrochloric acid is added slowly with stirring and cooling.The aqueous layer is separated off, made alkaline and the product extracted with ether. 2-(dimethylaminomethyl)-1-phenyl-cyclohexan-1-ol was obtained as colorles oil.108'-111;C/0,5mm.

Conditions are already mentioned precisely. Qualified personal knows how to deal with this.
We do NOT support folks with recipes for illegal compounds, in this case analgesics!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilidine

Sponsored Links