April 26, 2024, 12:00:33 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Does anybody knows how to draw ferrocene by ChemDraw?  (Read 22472 times)

hamper

Does anybody knows how to draw ferrocene by ChemDraw?
« on: August 11, 2005, 07:39:19 AM »
Hi: I have troubles in drawing ferocene by ChemDrawUltra. Could anybody help me to solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

Offline movies

• Organic Minion
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-21
  • Better living through chemistry!
Re:Does anybody knows how to draw ferrocene by ChemDraw?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 12:10:24 PM »
You have to sort of free-hand part of it.

Start by selecting the "Cp rings" list from the "Templates" tool.  Pick the right perspective (the top left one and the third one down in the most left column, in my version).  Draw the two right above one another (you can then align them if you want it perfect) [step 1].  Next, draw a bond from the center of the top ring straight down [step 2].  The bond will be in front of the ring, so select that bond and then pick the "Move to back" command from the "Object" menu [step 3].  Now make one end of the bond an "Fe" atom [step 4].  Since you can't see all of the bond I usually select the Fe and then drag it straight down until you can see both ends of the bond [step 5].  Now draw a bond straight down from the Fe [step 6] and move the lower Cp ring straight up to align it [step 7].  It's usually not necessary to extend the lower bond to see it clearly.

Sponsored Links