March 28, 2024, 03:29:25 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: shipping dangerous chemicals  (Read 3468 times)

achris

shipping dangerous chemicals
« on: July 25, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »
Need help in understanding the precautions to be taken while shipping dangerous chemicals, what are the labels that should be used while transporting them, safety procedures to be followed. Any information will be most welcome

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: shipping dangerous chemicals
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:53:14 PM »
Hello achris,

This is a very important and broad question.

There are many different aspects which need to be considered - some countries have more regulations for shipping chemicals. I would highly recommend that you contact a person who is professionally trained in transporting the products and registering the appropriate documents in the countries that you wish to ship. These regulations change from time-to-time, so you need to keep up-to-date with all the recent changes - otherwise you can encounter legal problems.

A starting place would be to understand QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment) regulations, transportation (TDG, or DOT in North America) WHMIS (workplace hazardous material information system) to start with. 

I hope this helps you with your question,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Sponsored Links