April 25, 2024, 09:37:22 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Is there any way to prevent Scifinder from automatically logging me out?  (Read 4800 times)

Offline MissPhosgene

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +23/-5
Hello,

Is there a way to prevent Scifinder from logging me out after 15 minutes and/or expand the number of allowed saved answer sets? I looked around the site and couldn't find any settings which I could change regarding those two things. It's very possible I missed something. I use it regularly, sometimes for extended periods of time... getting logged out makes it a pain in the butt to read articles in order to determine the usefulness (details which do not come up in an answer set) and then continue with the information hunt if needed.   

Best.
Stereograms of the 32 crystallographic point groups: little bike wheels of cold, hard, pure rationality.

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: Is there any way to prevent Scifinder from automatically logging me out?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:05:30 AM »
I use it regularly, sometimes for extended periods of time... getting logged out makes it a pain in the butt

Your institution probably only has a license for a limited number of consecutive users. You are logged out after 15 mins of inactivity so that others have an opportunity to use the resource. It would be more of a pain in the butt if you forgot to log off and locked others out...
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline MissPhosgene

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +23/-5
Re: Is there any way to prevent Scifinder from automatically logging me out?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »
 Keeping other people from using it would be terrible. Thanks, it makes much more sense. :).
Stereograms of the 32 crystallographic point groups: little bike wheels of cold, hard, pure rationality.

Sponsored Links