March 28, 2024, 11:42:27 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Sofware to look for in data bases  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Cesar_Gtz

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Sofware to look for in data bases
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:32:49 AM »
Hi everybody!! I'm new in this forum, so, first of all I want to congratulate you because, this forum in my opinion is a great idea!.

Well, I need your help or tips to get a software, I'd like to know if you know a software to look articles or information in databases. I have seen when my teacher works on ACS database that he has a software where he draws the chemical structure and get information, articles, etc. about it.

Please, help me, I will be very grateful.

P.S. I'm an spanish speaker organic chemist student, if I can help you in something don't dude to answer me.

Offline Doc Oc

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +48/-12
Re: Sofware to look for in data bases
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »
The software that your professor uses is called SciFinder.  It isn't free though (it's actually quite expensive), but in my opinion it is worth the money that universities pay to use it.

As far as software like that where you can draw a structure and get related articles with that structure, I don't know of another program besides SciFinder that does that.

I believe some others on this site use another program called IsisDraw or Chemspider or something like that.  But I don't know anything about those programs, it might be worth searching the forum for more information.

Offline ckellz

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
for organic chemistry I generally like www.reaxys.com though thats also a subscription service via your university. I do generally get a few good hits on  google scholar

Offline Cesar_Gtz

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:21:17 PM »
The software that your professor uses is called SciFinder.  It isn't free though (it's actually quite expensive), but in my opinion it is worth the money that universities pay to use it.

As far as software like that where you can draw a structure and get related articles with that structure, I don't know of another program besides SciFinder that does that.

I believe some others on this site use another program called IsisDraw or Chemspider or something like that.  But I don't know anything about those programs, it might be worth searching the forum for more information.

mmm.. no it's not SciFinder, I'm sure, but thanks a lot

Offline Cesar_Gtz

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »
for organic chemistry I generally like www.reaxys.com though thats also a subscription service via your university. I do generally get a few good hits on  google scholar

Thanks for aswer. Maybe there's not a free software :(

Offline Camus023

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
according to you claims
just scifinder  and reaxys  fit you require

Sponsored Links