March 28, 2024, 07:22:10 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: triphenylmethyl cation  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Nootson

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
triphenylmethyl cation
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:01 PM »
Hi, I'm looking for some physical constants relating to triphenylmethyl cation ionically bound to a chlorine atom. (Ph)3C+Cl-

I've looked in multiple locations, but it seems that every reaction and data always refer to the covalently bonded triphenylmethyl chlorine.

I tried looking at some journals the ACS has but I don't have an account and they want me to pay $35 for a 48 hour access, which I really don't want to do. If anyone can reference me to someone or somewhere where I can find this information it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline MissPhosgene

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +23/-5
Re: triphenylmethyl cation
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:14:44 PM »
If you have citations, I can probably find the articles and provide the information you would like.
Stereograms of the 32 crystallographic point groups: little bike wheels of cold, hard, pure rationality.

Offline kreisler

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »
i think the bond between carbon and chlorine is covalent rather than ionic? Am I right?
If detail information of an artile would be provided, I can help you!

Offline Nootson

• Very New Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
i think the bond between carbon and chlorine is covalent rather than ionic? Am I right?
If detail information of an artile would be provided, I can help you!

Yeah, I finally found it out. I don't know if my chem teacher thinks she's clever, but the compound I'm looking for doesn't exist in such a fashion. But yes you are correct, the bond is covalent, and can never be ionic. Thanks for the support though I appreciate it.

Sponsored Links