March 28, 2024, 07:14:08 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Experimental Procedures within SciFinder!  (Read 4706 times)

Offline azmanam

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +160/-24
  • Mediocrity is a handrail -Charles Louis d'Secondat
Experimental Procedures within SciFinder!
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:08 AM »
Did anyone else notice that the web-version of SciFinder now includes experimental procedures (whenever the text is able to be mined)?

You can even analyze the results to only include reactions which have available experimental procedures!

Cool!
Knowing why you got a question wrong is better than knowing that you got a question right.

Offline Honclbrif

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-10
Re: Experimental Procedures within SciFinder!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
The web based version of SciFinder is so superior to the client based version that I'm never going back! Its easier to search, easier to read the results, and much easier to draw structures. My only complaint is that it is unable (or at least I haven't found a way) to support tabbed browsing. Opening a result, then going back and having to plow through the results to find where you left off is a little annoying.
Individual results may vary

Offline azmanam

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +160/-24
  • Mediocrity is a handrail -Charles Louis d'Secondat
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:06:06 AM »
The 'full text' link opens in a new tab for me.  Yes, this takes me off site, thus no issue with multiple instances in different tabs... This works just as well as browsing SciFinder's version of the abstract.
Knowing why you got a question wrong is better than knowing that you got a question right.

Offline nox

• Mole Snacks: +11/-3
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
I still like Reaxys better, only hop over to SciFi if Reaxys gives me no hits.

Offline Honclbrif

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-10
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
@azmanam: Full text opens new tabs for me too, but when I click a hit to open the review page it opens it in the same tab. I would prefer if I could open it in a new tab so that when I was done picking out hits I would have them each open in their own tab. On an unrelated note, thanks for the tip about Alpha.

@nox: There's a lot of overlap, but I find its worth it to search both. When Reaxys/Bielstein switched over to the web based version I used it much more, mostly because I hated using the SciFinder client. Now that both are web based I use them about equally.
Individual results may vary

Sponsored Links