April 25, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Reverse Micelle vs. Aqueous Phase Metallic NP Synthesis  (Read 2186 times)

Offline newtonjc

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Reverse Micelle vs. Aqueous Phase Metallic NP Synthesis
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »
Hey all,

I'm an undergrad with a minor in chem who, after an unexpected turn of events, fell into wrapping up the manuscript for a Ph.D. research position. The topic is effectively over the production of (CdSe)33,34 nanoparticles using an alternative synthetic method. In the lit review, I'm discussing the pro's and con's of traditional synthetic methods, namely aqueous phase synthesis and reverse micelle microemulsion systems.

I'm not sure if this is the right section to be posting this question under, but I'm having trouble finding publications which reference the benefits of microemulsion systems over aqueous phase systems. Does anyone have a recommended resource for this material? Or possibly a general review of what the benefits are?

So far, the best publication I could find was 'Recent Advances in Nanoparticle Synthesis with Reversed Micelles' (Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2006), but they fail to hold any sort of comparative analysis between microemulsion and other systems.

Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsored Links