April 16, 2024, 08:00:23 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: how to prepare N-tetradecyl-1H-pyrazol-5-amine from 1H-pyrazol-5-amine  (Read 3853 times)

Offline maalik

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
here am thinking that more than one products will form in the reaction of tetra decyle bromide with 1H-pyrazol-5-amine and potassium carbonate, would you please suggest me a procedure to get single product with more yield. please help me.. :'(

Offline asa029

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Since you have two amine moities, both can be alkylated (both the pyrazole-nitrogen and the amino-nitrogen) upon treatment with an alkyl halide. Maybe you should consider utilizing a protecting group (for the amine group) which will block it for alkylation in the next step.

Another alternative is to transform the amino function into some other group, then alkylate the pyrazole and then transform it back to an amine.

Are you physically doing it or is this a theoretical problem?

Offline maalik

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Since you have two amine moities, both can be alkylated (both the pyrazole-nitrogen and the amino-nitrogen) upon treatment with an alkyl halide. Maybe you should consider utilizing a protecting group (for the amine group) which will block it for alkylation in the next step.

Another alternative is to transform the amino function into some other group, then alkylate the pyrazole and then transform it back to an amine.

Are you physically doing it or is this a theoretical problem?

am physically doing. i wants to alkylate amine group which is substituted on pyrazole but not the nitrogen in pyrazole moiety

Offline Honclbrif

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-10
Re: how to prepare N-tetradecyl-1H-pyrazol-5-amine from 1H-pyrazol-5-amine
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Immine formation followed by cyanoborohydride reduction?
Individual results may vary

Sponsored Links