March 28, 2024, 03:29:32 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Telepathy - it works or maybe not?  (Read 7271 times)

Offline VictorHed

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Telepathy - it works or maybe not?
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:34:18 PM »
I am Neurology student , today I get email from one person that can use telepathy.
Is it possible that telepathy works on the distance of few kilometer?
I can not find any document on any existing person today that can use telepathy
but I found Vinko Rajic and Uri Geller and they are talking that they can use telepathy.
Why they do not make research on it? Many Schizophrenic are coming with similar story.
Can it be that some  Schizophrenics are just receiving from some other head?
James Randi offer 1000000$ for evidence, but Vinko and Uri can use telepathy or maybe NOT?

There is not scientific evidence for telepathy. Whay this telepathy madnes?
At Edinburgh University, experts conducted controlled experiments to see if telepathy is possible.
Vinko maybe can give evidence for it but why they do not make an experiment with Vinko or Uri Geller?

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Telepathy - it works or maybe not?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:08:12 AM »
Vinko maybe can give evidence for it but why they do not make an experiment with Vinko or Uri Geller?

Because these people never want to agree to the way experiment should be performed to have any significance. They usually reject proposed experimental protocols saying things like "it will interfere with my abilities". Trick is, protocols they propose will not prove anything, as they want to know a priori too much, which will make it easy for them to cheat.

Those that agreed to strict protocols never got past the statistical fluctuations.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline VictorHed

• Very New Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

Because these people never want to agree to the way experiment should be performed to have any significance. They usually reject proposed experimental protocols saying things like "it will interfere with my abilities". Trick is, protocols they propose will not prove anything, as they want to know a priori too much, which will make it easy for them to cheat.

Those that agreed to strict protocols never got past the statistical fluctuations.
But what you think about some telepathic show going on in Sweden and Croatia in which is Vinko telepathic terrorized?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:45:08 AM by Borek »

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
I think he should consult a doctor. People hearing voices are known to medicine.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller

geller does not use the term psychic and tends to be seen as an entertainer. He doesn't seem to be able to reproduce some of this earlier feats under controlled conditions.

In the UK he's definiterl regarded as more of an entertainer than anything else.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline medicine78

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:50:25 AM »
You think Uri can not use telepathy anymore, some people believe that telepathy works between baby and mama for first few Years, also mama can feel that baby is hungry and other things, maybe because Uri is old telepathy do not works.

Offline edwards.kevin41

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »
I think he should consult a doctor. People hearing voices are known to medicine.

Totally agree with Borek.

Offline fledarmus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-28
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:41:42 AM »
You think Uri can not use telepathy anymore, some people believe that telepathy works between baby and mama for first few Years, also mama can feel that baby is hungry and other things, maybe because Uri is old telepathy do not works.

What a shame that just when he's made enough of a sensation that scientists are willing to actually set up a controlled experiment to test his powers, he outgrows them. Pity, that.

Sponsored Links