I don't really know in which other forum to speak really. I have tried searching through google but I can't seem to find an answer so I came across this forum and thought their might be someone here who has had experience, or is clever enough to know the answer to the question.
I have some lead acid batteries for my solar installation. They were verified to be working properly when I bought them secondhand but since then they have been refilled with hydrochloric acid. I was present when it was being carried out. It was horrible. The gas that came out of it was so noxious, the leaves on the plants outside the shed where the batteries were being housed shrivelled up severely, turned yellow, and I think most of them died. After this 'process' was completed we hooked up the batteries, and they show 24 volts as they should but then when the system is switched on it just doesn't work, perhaps when load is applied? Anyway, what I'm wondering is what effect could the hydrochloric acid have had on the batteries to have stopped making them work. Anyone know?
If there is anyone out there willing to answer I would be very pleased.