March 29, 2024, 04:38:05 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: cleaning products  (Read 5491 times)

susie

cleaning products
« on: October 15, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
I have heard that butyl cellosolve is going to be banned in Canada very soon. I know that it is present in simple green cleaning solutions. I was wondering if you could tell me why it is dangerous, and also can you tell me if a mixture of sodium hydroxide and sodium nitrate would be less harmful when used as a cleaning solution. Thanks for your help. Susie

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re:cleaning products
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 08:52:42 PM »
From what I know about it it's an eye/any mucous gland irritant. It'll irratate your lungs and cause damage to them. It also damages the male testes. People can draw there own conlusions.

http://www.baneclene.com/articles/butyl-cellosolve.html
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Oldtimer

Damages Testes ?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 12:45:57 AM »
That's no good ! Simpler Green is one of the most popular cleaning agents used by our local National Gurad Unit.

What cleaners are using Sodium Hydroxide? I haven't looked for it I guess. I found Citrus cleaners work better for everything than Simple Green, almost as strong as oven cleaners.

High strength Citrus cleaners still require gloves though.

Sponsored Links