Chemical Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Sponsored links

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cleaning products  (Read 2965 times)

cleaning products
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

I have heard that butyl cellosolve is going to be banned in Canada very soon. I know that it is present in simple green cleaning solutions. I was wondering if you could tell me why it is dangerous, and also can you tell me if a mixture of sodium hydroxide and sodium nitrate would be less harmful when used as a cleaning solution. Thanks for your help. Susie

constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re:cleaning products
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 02:52:42 PM »

From what I know about it it's an eye/any mucous gland irritant. It'll irratate your lungs and cause damage to them. It also damages the male testes. People can draw there own conlusions.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Damages Testes ?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 06:45:57 PM »

That's no good ! Simpler Green is one of the most popular cleaning agents used by our local National Gurad Unit.

What cleaners are using Sodium Hydroxide? I haven't looked for it I guess. I found Citrus cleaners work better for everything than Simple Green, almost as strong as oven cleaners.

High strength Citrus cleaners still require gloves though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Mitch Andre Garcia's Chemical Forums 2003-Present.

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 24 queries.