March 28, 2024, 08:31:12 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Plotting rate law graphs on Excel.  (Read 2783 times)

Offline spankythehippo

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Plotting rate law graphs on Excel.
« on: January 14, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »
OK. So I need to polish up my excel skills. This thread probably isn't the place to do it, but any answer will be appreciated.

I need to plot log10 d[I2]/dt  vs log10 [I-]

Now, all my values are negative, so when I plot them on Excel, the axes are postioned in a way that it is the 3rd (negative) quadrant of a Cartesian plane. I need the graph to look like a normal graph, but no matter what I spam into Excel, the graph looks the same.

How can I fix this?

Offline juanrga

• Mole Snacks: +16/-11
    • juanrga - sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences
Re: Plotting rate law graphs on Excel.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »
OK. So I need to polish up my excel skills. This thread probably isn't the place to do it, but any answer will be appreciated.

I need to plot log10 d[I2]/dt  vs log10 [I-]

Now, all my values are negative, so when I plot them on Excel, the axes are postioned in a way that it is the 3rd (negative) quadrant of a Cartesian plane. I need the graph to look like a normal graph, but no matter what I spam into Excel, the graph looks the same.

How can I fix this?

Long ago that I am not an Excel user, but you would go to graphics properties and modify the origin of the axis to change their position.

If you cannot do that and if as you say, all your values are negative, why do not just represent minus the values?
Sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences

Sponsored Links