April 26, 2024, 05:51:59 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Number of chemical paramete for air pollution dispersion model  (Read 3895 times)

Offline kozokg

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I need help to finde number chemical paramete for air pollution dispersion model that i working with (CALPUFF).

I need number of gas parameters (Diffusivity, Alpha Star(), Reactivity and Henre's low coeff) i have data for some e gases (example attached) but I want to know where do you think that I can find parameters for other compounds (HCl, HB, etc.).

thans gilad

Offline mbeychok

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-3
  • Chemical engineer
    • Air Pollution Dispersion Modeling
Re: Number of chemical paramete for air pollution dispersion model
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 05:41:17 PM »
kozokg:

I don't understand your query. Henry's law constant, diffusivity and reactivity have absolutely nothing to do with the modeling of air dispersion by Calpuff or any other model. Do you need those parameters perhaps to model accidental releases of air pollutants? That might make sense in some special cases but not generally.

Please read these articles in the Citizendium online encyclopedia:

Air pollution dispersion modeling
      Accidental release source terms
Milton Beychok
(Visit me at www.air-dispersion.com)

Offline kozokg

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 07:17:08 AM »
First of all thanks a lot for the answer and second I'm honored to receive an answer from you.
I also dont understand why we need to put these parametric but when I want to put a new gas type into the model i need these values.
Because I didnt know also the connection so I looked for data by the gas located in the model but I could not find them or Something close their values in the modle.

The picture above was taken from the CALPUFF View of lakes.

Do you know where can i find the these parametre ?

Thank you for your help

gilad

Offline fcap

• Very New Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:12:30 PM »
I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if you were able to work around this issue (I'm currently also trying to model HCL). Thanks

Francisco

Sponsored Links