April 23, 2024, 01:47:28 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Help with t-boc deprotection of immobilized PEG cross linker  (Read 2282 times)

Offline LordofX

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I'm looking to create a hydrazide surface by immobilizing a hetrobifunctional PEG cross linking molecule (Amino-PEG4-t-boc-hydrazide) on a surface then deprotecting. I have created an amine reactive surface using a polydopamine film but I am very unfamiliar with boc deprotection. I have been looking around the internet and a lot of procedures use TFA in dichloromethane, but unfortunately I do not have access to TFA at this time. Are there any alternatives for deprotection. Any advice would be awesome as like I said I have minimal experience with boc deprotection.

Offline OC pro

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +36/-15
Re: Help with t-boc deprotection of immobilized PEG cross linker
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »
Simple mineral acids like HCl also do the job.

Offline LordofX

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »
Simple mineral acids like HCl also do the job.

So would it then just be a matter of washing the surface with HCl? I tried to research HCl deprotection a little and saw that HCl in methanol has been used quite a bit.

Is there anyway you could give a bit more detail. Thanks again I really appreciate the help.

Offline LordofX

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »
So I think I found a deprotection procedure which can be adapted for my needs. Maybe if someone could comment on whether my modified method below would work for deprotection.

Immerse surface in methanol (10mL) and add concentrated HCl (10mL, 37% aqueous solution). Allow mixture to react for 1 hour at room temperature. Wash surface with methanol and dry.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great  :)

Sponsored Links