March 29, 2024, 07:30:15 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: question about acceptance of article  (Read 3277 times)

Offline ati

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
question about acceptance of article
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
I have synthesized one catalyst.
and validate it by NMR 90 MHZ. It is sharp and clear.
How is my chance to get my article published in ISI journal (maximum impact of 3)?

Offline zoork34

• Mole Snacks: +3/-0
Re: question about acceptance of article
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »
What reactions does the catalyst work with?  How many reactions have you screened with it?  How selective is it?  No one can answer your question without (at least) the answers to these questions. 

Offline OC pro

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +36/-15
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
90 MHz is a very old machine. Could be of a problem maybe. But if you have only the synthesis of the catalyst it won´t get published. Finding a suitable application of the catalyst is important.

Offline ati

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »
What reactions does the catalyst work with?  How many reactions have you screened with it?  How selective is it?  No one can answer your question without (at least) the answers to these questions. 

one nucleophilic compound with chlorosulfonic acid for synthesize of acidic catalyst
2 or 3 reactions.these are method reaction.

thanks a lot

Offline ati

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »
90 MHz is a very old machine. Could be of a problem maybe. But if you have only the synthesis of the catalyst it won´t get published. Finding a suitable application of the catalyst is important.

thanks.I know this fact  :'(
But i have no better machine available.
could you recommend me some journal any way?

Offline 408

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +103/-30
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
Getting an article published is really about marketing.

I look at your "catalyst" and ask "what does it do and why should I care?"

If I was your reviewer, and I have reviewed dozens of papers, this is exactly what I would say.

Offline orgopete

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +213/-71
    • Curved Arrow Press
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »
Getting an article published is really about marketing.

I look at your "catalyst" and ask "what does it do and why should I care?"

If I was your reviewer, and I have reviewed dozens of papers, this is exactly what I would say.

408 is on the money with those comments.

I don't mean to be snarky, but the question virtually begs the issue. Let me rephrase this somewhat. If I showed you a gold ingot and asked, "Does this have any value and do you think I could sell it?" You would know that I didn't know anything about the value of gold nor what it could be used for.

The poster's question is virtually the same sort. We should presume the poster did not know what scientific merit his catalyst had nor who was interested in it. Journal editors want to know what contribution to science does a paper have (though I prefer how 408 said it).

The catalyst could have a lot of value, but it would be difficult for us (me) to judge. It could be inferior to some important process or it could be invaluable to an as yet undiscovered industrial process. I was just reading about some unusual discoveries. For example, it took 3M 10 years to eventually market post-it notes, after discovery.
Author of a multi-tiered example based workbook for learning organic chemistry mechanisms.

Offline OC pro

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +36/-15
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »

one nucleophilic compound with chlorosulfonic acid for synthesize of acidic catalyst
2 or 3 reactions.these are method reaction.

thanks a lot

Sorry. No chance for publication. Not wanting to attack you personally but: 2 or 3 reactions is a joke in this case.

Sponsored Links