March 28, 2024, 07:06:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: First Law of Thermodynamics  (Read 2180 times)

Offline sjgpdx

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
First Law of Thermodynamics
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
I have an assignment to complete a lab experiment to demonstrate that a chemical equation adheres to the First Law of Thermodynamics. I need to develop, perform, and analyze an experiment that does this, all by myself, and I can't receive any guidance from my teacher. I've tried to search online for ideas and cannot find any. If anyone can give me any direction or advice ANYTHING at all would be appreciated.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: First Law of Thermodynamics
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:13:01 PM »
OK, I'll bite -- since you said you couldn't find ANYTHING.  Lets start with something simple:  What does the first law of thermodynamic state?  What would happen if that statement were false?  What sort of things depend on it being true?  And lets see if we can pull a topic together.

P.S.  A little tip for High School students everywhere.  You can never, ever, not find anything, on any topic.  Ever.  You can always find something.  You may not understand it, or see how it pertains to your needs.  But you can always find something.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: First Law of Thermodynamics
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »

P.S.  A little tip for High School students everywhere.  You can never, ever, not find anything, on any topic.  Ever.  You can always find something.  You may not understand it, or see how it pertains to your needs.  But you can always find something.

This needs to make it to the top of the Sticky on Site Rules. 

Sponsored Links