April 26, 2024, 12:48:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: usefuless of pee  (Read 10154 times)

Corvettaholic

usefuless of pee
« on: June 23, 2004, 06:48:27 PM »
Are there any fun chemicals in urine that I can easily seperate? I remember reading about some alchemist from way back when, who used something from urine to make gunpowder or something like that. So I got to thinking, lets say I pee in a bucket for a week while drinking minimal fluids, let sit for a long time in my sealed off shed, then... insert ideas here.

Limpet Chicken

Re:usefuless of pee
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 07:10:42 PM »
Phosphorus was first obtained from urine via reduction by carbon in the presence of sand.
I wish I could get hold of or make some lithium aluminium hydride, I would like to see if that would reduce phosphates, might make an unholy mess if it did though. ;D

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 07:39:05 PM »
Check out my phosphorus article.  It discusses in fairly good detail the process used to make white phosphorus from pee.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 07:48:25 PM »
I have never had much success with that method, and the down side is a lot of revolting smells,  boiling piss smells bloody awful. I pissed on the boiling hot residue left by a wheelie bin full of impure NaClO3 and sugar when I was a lot younger after it had finished burning, and BOY did that leave a stinky cloud, I could smell it across the road from where I had set the device ;D

(and  this WAS when I was just a kid)

Offline Scratch-

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +6/-4
  • llamas, eat my bazooka!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 08:08:05 PM »
Didn't they use piss to make potassium nitrate?
Hydrochloric acid, guaranteed to make you lose weight!

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 08:20:06 PM »
I have heard about that, something like pissing repeatedly on nitrate bearing earth/wood ashes. I imagine the action of the dissolved chloride salts in piss combined with the nitrates to make KNO3, Thanks for reminding me about this route, I will have to do some experimentation.  ;D.

Sorry to edit out the last part of your post, but we really should not be discussing how to generate explosives here.  While you yourself may know what you're doing, many people who read this site may not.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 09:48:54 PM by jdurg »

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 08:33:52 PM »
you can make phosphorus from pee.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Caveman

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 04:10:16 PM »
You can use urine to dye with indigo. See http://www.cavemanchemistry.com/cavebook/chdye3.html

reflux

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 12:51:17 AM »
  I have reicently been conducting experiments on purifying     P(r) form P(2)O(5) fertilizer.  I purchased five pounds of it cheapley and have tryed verious HCl rxns to try forming PCl(3) or PClO(3) and adding NaOH sol to the resultant to form NaCl (aqu) and P(r) precip.  Or NH(4)OH  to the oxichloride form and make NH(4)OH (aqu) and P(r) precip.  My last experiment I intend is with con Sulfuric but I have not had much success so far with any of these.  Do you have any thoughts?
Thanks

Sponsored Links