Specialty Chemistry Forums > Materials and Nanochemistry forum

Books on the subject of materials and nanochemistry

(1/2) > >>

Kate:
Hello.

I don't have any classes on materials or nanochemistry in my degree and I was wondering if anyone knows any textbook as an introduction to these subjects?

Many thanks.

Corribus:
Well that's two different subjects. I've seen a number of introductory books to nanoscience but haven't read through them enough to judge them adequately. Honestly the field is still evolving so fast that it's unlikely any textbook will really do the topic justice at that point. As for materials science, it kind of depends on what you're interested in. That's a broad topic that encompasses polymers, electronic materials, solid state physics, and on and on.

Kate:
Well, I wanted to know more about using nanoparticles for drug delivery. I'll look for some articles on this, but I have no idea what I should already know about material science to really understand those articles.

Corribus:
I think you are better off searching the review literature for this topic. There are plenty of good options. If you want a few suggestions, I can help.

You don't need too much background on materials science for this. This is pretty much straight-up chemistry.

Kate:

--- Quote from: Corribus on March 23, 2014, 10:50:38 AM ---I think you are better off searching the review literature for this topic. There are plenty of good options. If you want a few suggestions, I can help.
--- End quote ---

If you don't mind, then absolutely, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version