March 28, 2024, 06:48:23 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Drug synthesis sub-forum  (Read 13580 times)

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Drug synthesis sub-forum
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
After consulting with my peers I decided to open a new subforum in Organic Chemistry, devoted to drug synthesis.

It is not a secret that finding correct recipes on the net is difficult - procedures listed are typically either incomplete, or outright wrong. That makes cheap synthesis of a safe, pure products impossible. We have enough knowledge between our organic team members to help those interested.

Changes to the forum structure will be made live later this week, once all legal work is done. We are moving both DNS and servers to Nauru, as surprisingly their law seems to be lax enough to make discussion on a new subforum safe and possible.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Drug synthesis sub-forum
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
Am I reading correctly that discussion related to synthesis of illegal (in most jurisdictions) drugs will now be permitted here?
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:47 AM »
In the same spirit I'm in the process of incorporating a start-up that will ship reliable intermediates needed for drug synthesis to your doorstep without any of the usual bureaucratic hassles, paperwork etc.

Shipping is free, and our Android app will be online next week.

Stay tuned.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »
Am I reading correctly that discussion related to synthesis of illegal (in most jurisdictions) drugs will now be permitted here?

Yes, with emphasis on the high quality of the final product (purity!) and safety (so no flammable solvents, no explosive intermediates, toxic reactants and so on).
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:42:19 AM »
You people are nuts. Next thing you will be giving instructions to Uranium enrichment.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 11:08:19 AM »

Yes, with emphasis on the high quality of the final product (purity!) and safety (so no flammable solvents, no explosive intermediates, toxic reactants and so on).

Is there a way to make certified organic Ecstacy? Organic used in the Whole Foods sense of the term.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:00:07 PM »
I agree. I hate it when my X has pesiticides in it.

Offline Yggdrasil

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +485/-21
  • Physical Biochemist
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »

You should go further and develop chemical-free drugs for those who do not want to expose themselves to harmful chemicals.  It will be like taking homeopathic treatments to the next level!

Offline Archer

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-20
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
As an expert in this field of chemistry may I offer my services as a moderator?
“ I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. ”

Denis Leary.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 06:03:39 PM »
Sure thing, actually I hoped for your help and expertise.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 08:30:41 PM »
You people are nuts. Next thing you will be giving instructions to Uranium enrichment.

I'm afraid I don't have many insights on that front, but I was getting tired of avoiding some of the more interesting pyrotechnics questions.  So, I hope we can cut loose on that front as well.  Everyone should have as much summertime fun as they can handle, and there's no fireworks like home made.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline 408

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +103/-30
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »

I'm afraid I don't have many insights on that front, but I was getting tired of avoiding some of the more interesting pyrotechnics questions.  So, I hope we can cut loose on that front as well.  Everyone should have as much summertime fun as they can handle, and there's no fireworks like home made.

Why limit your shells to having a flash powder burst, I personally prefer 30g of RDX. 

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »
Just in case someone thought this thread was an April Fool's joke: you were right.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 07:38:41 AM »
You did have me going for a while Borek:, I was getting ready to post some sort of objection.  And then I realized, you got me again.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Archer

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-20
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »
Just in case someone thought this thread was an April Fool's joke: you were right.

You had me, I wrote a (very) lengthy post giving reasons why it was a bad idea and that regrettably I could no longer affiliate myself with the forum if this happened.

Then I realised, indeed I felt quite the fool  :)
“ I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. ”

Denis Leary.

Sponsored Links