March 29, 2024, 08:57:48 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Is there any dedicated forum/subforum on cosmetic formulations on the web?  (Read 8033 times)

Offline Bidagdha_TADIR

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
One of the courses I am taking this year is cosmetology. I am collecting formulation of different cosmetics available in the market and I am facing problem justifying use of some ingredients in those formulations.

Is there any forum/subforum where I can connect with other students studying cosmetology and discuss those issues?

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
From our forum rules (you should read the forum rules)
We have nothing against a reasonable scientific discussion of the properties of ..., but we will not help you hurt yourself making them.

Due to their potential health hazards, we will also not help you prepare your own medicines or cosmetics.
So we might let a very general discussion happen, but it may be shut down if it concerns anyone.

Additionally, this is a chemistry forum there are limited number of people who frequent here who are well versed in human biology.

So if you post
XYZ is in this cosmetic what do you think it will do to a person.
The topic may be locked or ignored.
Or, You may get a very general response.
Since, Soap making is a thing that is often done in chemistry lab we let that pass, but there are topics we will lock.
So you at the whim of the moderator as to whether your post will be acceptable.

Offline Bidagdha_TADIR

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
To "billnotgatez", thanks for the reply but I was asking if there are any forum on the internet where students of cosmetology collaborate, I wasn't asking anyone on how to make a cosmetic. I have read the forum rules fully, I don't think asking whether such a forum exist will break any rules of this forum.

Also, "jusfying use of some ingredients" doesn't mean I will hurt myself trying to make a cosmetic. It means that I want to know whether an ingredient in the formula of product X was a good choice and why. For example, Gillette uses HEC in most of their shaving products, I would ask (I am not asking here) why Gillette prefers HEC and not HPMC.

In a nutshell, I am looking a forum dedicated to cosmetology students who will discuss among themselves the curricular topics. I have no intention of posting anything in this forum that breaks the forum rule. I did search for such a forum, one I found appears to contain many professional chemists. So, I was looking if any member of this forum knows any forum suited to my needs.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
I hope for success in your search

Offline HennaEngineer

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Is there any dedicated forum/subforum on cosmetic formulations on the web?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
Did you end up finding anythign? I need such a forum also

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Is there any dedicated forum/subforum on cosmetic formulations on the web?
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 08:30:46 AM »
Most such information is highly proprietary.  If you go to Cosmetology school, they may teach you some of the most important basics, but you have to learn this sort of thing by doing.  And once its known, its not shared -- these are important trade secrets.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links