April 23, 2024, 03:48:09 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need Help With Selecting an Adhesive Type  (Read 1714 times)

Offline J Faraday

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Need Help With Selecting an Adhesive Type
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:26:35 PM »
I'd been browsing the internet for some answers regarding a question I had on a specific type of adhesive used to glue two pieces of very thin newsprint paper (about 50micrometers thick) together with as thin and flexible an adhesive possible.

I am trying to manufacture a product with the following details for a school project:

Each sheet of newsprint paper will have ink on both sides that should not be smudged when the adhesive is applied. Two pieces of these news prints will be glued together aligned one with the other (basically to double up the paper). The adhesive should be flexible and virtually extremely thin and undetectable (so that it doesn't seem that there is glue at all). The final feel of the paper (flexibility wise) should be as close as possible to a standard piece of paper.

As an example, imagine an exam with fill in the blanks. The goal is to make a piece of paper so that when held up to a light, you can see the correct answers (which lay on the inside of the piece of paper) because they lay on the inside of the two pieces of paper glued together. These pages will then be added to a book so that there are hundreds of these types of quizzes. The need for the product to not be much thicker than the two pieces is essential to fit more in the book at less cost.

If you think there is already something on the market like this that you can take apart to help me figure out the formula and make a lot of it, please fill me in as well.

Thank you for your time,

J.F.

Sponsored Links