April 24, 2024, 01:19:49 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Please help on biotech-related term translation  (Read 3209 times)

Offline snogras

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Please help on biotech-related term translation
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »
Hi guys,

I am currently working on an English->Russian US patent application translation. Would you be so kind to help me to translate one term, namely "facility fit"? This is a widely used term related to chromatography but I just cannot find any clues on what does it mean. Can you please explain what it is or refer me to some resources (I tried googling very very hard but failed to find anything)?

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you very much!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Please help on biotech-related term translation
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »
No idea, but it would definitely help if you could post a context.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline snogras

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:27:36 PM »
No idea, but it would definitely help if you could post a context.

Well in my application it is just said that "facility fit is increased" at some step of chromatography...

I have also found another patent application in Google utilizing the same term:

Higher titre processes can pose facility fit challenges in legacy biopharmaceutical purification suites with capacities originally matched to lower titre processes. Bottlenecks caused by mismatches in equipment sizes, combined with process fluctuations upon scale-up, can result in discarding expensive product. This paper describes a data mining decisional tool for rapid prediction of facility fit issues and debottlenecking of biomanufacturing facilities exposed to batch-to-batch variability and higher titres. The predictive tool comprised advanced multivariate analysis techniques to interrogate Monte Carlo stochastic simulation datasets that mimicked batch fluctuations in cell culture titres, step yields and chromatography eluate volumes.

And here's another one:

The evaluation also highlighted the potential facility fit issues that could arise with a capture resin (MabSelect) that experiences losses in binding capacity when operated in continuous mode over lengthy commercial campaigns.

Any ideas? Maybe it means that manufacturing facilities are running out of capacity or something like that?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:45:26 PM by snogras »

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:40:04 PM »
Seems like a Chemical Engineering term.  Ill move this post, but I'll also ask the facilities guy at work tomorrow.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline snogras

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »
Seems like a Chemical Engineering term.  Ill move this post, but I'll also ask the facilities guy at work tomorrow.

Thank you very much :) My guess is that "facility fit" or "facility fitting" means making possible for something to be produced or manufactured within existing facilities or something like that... Nevertheless, please ask the guy tomorrow, thank you :)

Sponsored Links