March 29, 2024, 05:03:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Statistics - Hypothesis testing  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Bidagdha_TADIR

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
Statistics - Hypothesis testing
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »
Are there books or websites or other educational media where I can learn about hypothesis testing methods? It seems that even doing titrations require validation by these testing methods.

Consider me to be someone whose knowledge of statistics doesn't rise above finding standard deviation.

Offline Furanone

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +34/-2
  • Actually more a Food Chemist
Re: Statistics - Hypothesis testing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »
I liked "Design of Experiments: Statistical Principles of Research and Analysis" Second Edition, by Robert O. Kuehl. I had it for two grad level statistics courses during my MSc. It sounds what you are looking for. Here is the link to see more details about it:

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Experiments-Statistical-Principles-Research/dp/0534368344/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405987140&sr=8-1&keywords=design+of+experiments+robert+kuehl&dpPl=1
"The true worth of an experimenter consists in pursuing not only what he seeks in his experiment, but also what he did not seek."

--Sir William Bragg (1862 - 1942)

Offline Bidagdha_TADIR

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
Re: Statistics - Hypothesis testing
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:26:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply, that book is not available in my University library and there is probably no other way for me to get the book from my country. Google books was a dead-end as well.

If you have any other suggestion, that will be great.

Sponsored Links