April 20, 2024, 07:36:16 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How can I accelerate my laboratory practise?  (Read 3560 times)

Offline pharmasjo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How can I accelerate my laboratory practise?
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
Im actually working on a pharmaceutical industry as a quality control analyst. Well, our lab. chief told me that "you should accelerate your lab. works."they said it Because Im not accustomed to this kind of work for more than 2 years. My chemistry 4 year background was at 2 years back.

I need your suggestions to improve my lab. practise in pharmaceutical quality control lab.

I have psychological focussing problem, also my hands accustomed to hard works (like carpenter, carrier) before.
Also Im not heedful, i always forget much more things when i do my work tasks..

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: How can I accelerate my laboratory practise?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
This is a pretty tough question.  First of all, I would get your boss to qualify and quantify the statement.  Because "accelerate your lab" sounds very much like an empty buzzword, and you deserve a better explanation if they want results.  Are you moving too slowly, not getting enough samples done?  Quantify, that is you, count how many you do, and keep a running track from day to day.  I keep a small notepad in my shirt pocket, although you kids probably have an app for that.  If they want better work, make them describe what was lacking, and then you can see how to improve.

But definitely tell them, to qualify and quantify their buzzwords.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline pharmasjo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »
This is a pretty tough question.  First of all, I would get your boss to qualify and quantify the statement.  Because "accelerate your lab" sounds very much like an empty buzzword, and you deserve a better explanation if they want results.  Are you moving too slowly, not getting enough samples done?  Quantify, that is you, count how many you do, and keep a running track from day to day.  I keep a small notepad in my shirt pocket, although you kids probably have an app for that.  If they want better work, make them describe what was lacking, and then you can see how to improve.

But definitely tell them, to qualify and quantify their buzzwords.

I have much more analysis tasks in a day which are coming from manufacturing area, they separately brings samples and the samples must be analyse quickly, Weighing , mixing with other chemicals, ultrasonic mixing, density measurement, melting point , ph , % water with karl fischer, uv absorbans (old and new machines), boiling , mixing with magnetic fish  etc..

Maybe, those tasks would be come to slow themselves when I was doing them.
Thats why they said "you work slow , you must speed up your tasks"..

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:18:56 AM »
Take detailed notes for yourself on what you're doing. What analysis are you doing, when do you start, when do you finish, when is your answer read -- by that I mean, your report is written or entered into a computer for the next person to use.  Make note of times you're waiting for a system to finish, and try to find a task that fills that time so you do two things at once.  Try to setup for a next task before you need it, and try to clan up the lab.

These are some suggestions.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links