April 19, 2024, 12:37:01 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Can various glycoalkaloids in potato be absorbed in mouth/sublingual?help please  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Maria_T

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Can the naturally present glycoalkaloids like solanine, chaconine, atropine, etc.  be absorbed in the mouth from a potato before the potato even enters the stomach?  I am severely food intolerant and can even feel symptoms from potato products just having it in my mouth before it hits my stomach.

I need help from intelligent people and so I went looking for a science forum like this one. Sorry for the odd question.  I am just desperate to narrow down what it is in various foods that makes me sick.  I am in desperation. It would really help me to get an answer to this question. It really would. I am a very ill person.  I tried asking on yahoo answers but I get terrible responses. I am at the end of my rope. I have to think outside of the box.

Getting a resolute answer would help me narrow down what might be causing food reactions.

If you can't help but know someone that can and if you are willing you can forward my question. I am just desperate.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
If these are genuine allergies, that is an immune response to a certain molecule, then yes, you can definitely begin to see histamine release symptoms as soon as the target touches your mucous membranes.  The more generalized food intolerance symptoms are harder to define however.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:59:48 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links