March 29, 2024, 05:53:06 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Detmine metallic lead in solid with ion chromatography  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Kiwifruit8

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Detmine metallic lead in solid with ion chromatography
« on: October 15, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
Hi ,

I am a phD student trying to determine the amount of metallic lead i have in industrial waste samples. I had previously read an article stating that if you washed your solid with water and then measured the sulphate anions (via a dionex / ion chromatography) you could calculate back to determine metallic lead content. (Presumably if you know your total lead content also).

I can no longer find this journal and was hoping that someone could help me figure out if this is indeed possible or if there is another way of doing this?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Detmine metallic lead in solid with ion chromatography
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »
If you have an ion chromatograph, then you can get methods easily form the manufacturer, they're always glad to help with a quick monograph.  I'm sure Dionex does this, and other vendors likely too.

This seems like a roundabout, more complicated way of doing things, but if its what you want, you can at least start with a manufacturer's protocol.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline kiwi8kiri

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Detmine metallic lead in solid with ion chromatography
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »
I think you have mis understood. I am saying that i have seen / had it suggested using ion chromatography to determine metallic lead present in a solid (as opposed to its total lead).

I am hoping someone can tell me how i would make this possible or a different technique i could use instead.

Sponsored Links