April 24, 2024, 01:32:46 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Shorthand cell notations  (Read 2262 times)

Offline jefinjo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Shorthand cell notations
« on: December 02, 2014, 06:36:23 AM »
I m stuck here while I was preparing for my experiment. The question I need to answer is
"Using the standard short hand notation represent the cell at the beginning of titration and at the end of the titration in each of the above instances"
So, will there be a change in the cell notation with the change in concentration of the analyte?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Shorthand cell notations
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 07:20:51 AM »
T^he only thing I can think of is that there is no permanganate at the beginning.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline jefinjo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:07:42 AM »
Thank you. As I am very bad at chemistry, can you help me in writing the cell notation at the beginning of each titration? I can manage to write them at the end from the chemical equation.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 08:41:08 AM »
This page here:  http://www.sparknotes.com/chemistry/electrochemistry/galvanic/section2.rhtml  gives the basics of electrochemical cell notation.  See how the example cell is built, and the notation they give it, then try to make your best guess at how your cell would be built.  Your cell is much more complicated than the example cell, so it will be difficult, but we'll help you along as you try.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links