April 19, 2024, 11:08:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Potential energy  (Read 1624 times)

Offline joseph175

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Potential energy
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:37:28 AM »
Hi there,
I have a problem with one task. Here is the task:
A man who is on a diet has 67 kg weight, he consumes 300 g protein, 26 g fat, 72 g carbohydrates daily. Every day climbs on 3614 m high mountain so he starts from zero altitude. So, his body achieves 5.3 times much work for one day (including metabolism, brain function and movement) than is necessary to increase the potential energy. On which day he will lose weight by 1.2 kg, if  his body recieves necessary energy from the burning of body fat stores?
Here are Calorific value: Protein: 20.1 kJ / g; fat: 39.8 kJ / g; Carbohydrates: 16.7 kJ / g.
I can calculate the potential energy (2375 kJ) but can not  get to futher outcome of how many days is neccesary to  lose weight by 1.2 kg. I would be very thankful if you can show me the principle of elaboration. Thank you for your help and have a nice day :)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Potential energy
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:20:13 AM »
his body achieves 5.3 times much work for one day (including metabolism, brain function and movement) than is necessary to increase the potential energy

This part is crucial, unfortunately it is also clear as mud. No idea what you are trying to say.

ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline joseph175

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Potential energy
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 05:34:21 AM »
Sorry, that means that his body works 5.3 time harder in one day than is necessary for increasing potencial energy.

Sponsored Links