March 28, 2024, 01:36:29 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Disable letters? {captcha}  (Read 4965 times)

Offline Tara144

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
Disable letters? {captcha}
« on: December 13, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
I'm having a very hard go of reading the verification letters.  Is there a way to disable that once our email is verified?

(MOD Edit: change title}
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:42:10 AM by Arkcon »

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Disable letters?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:43:36 AM »
Are you sure these are "verification" emails and not "notifications" sent to you to let you know someone answered? If so, you can switch them off either in your profile (Modify profile/Notifications and email) or when replying to the thread (click on "Additional options" below the edit field, uncheck "Notify me of replies").
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Tara144

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:17:29 PM »
They were those distorted image letters you have to type in to post, but they seem to be gone now!  Yay! :-)

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
They were those distorted image letters you have to type in to post, but they seem to be gone now!  Yay! :-)

To anyone who's having this problem -- our forum software should only ask for a captcha (that's what the distorted image is called) when verifying your login the first time.  You should never see it again for this forum.  If you do, your system may be infected with a particular type of virus, its tricking you into verifying captcha's for it, since computers can't do that on their own.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links