April 23, 2024, 07:57:50 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need some Guidance  (Read 2029 times)

Sunshine1025

Need some Guidance
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:51:54 AM »
First, thank you for taking the time to read this. I need some guidance as I am inventing somewhat of a new edible product. Curious as to if someone can point me in the right direction for the type of chemist I should actually be looking for. At first I was under the impression that it would be a food chemist, but from further research, am thinking it may be more of an engineer to help make this product by combining certain ingredients while it still being edible to consume... I can't give too much info away on exactly what the product is although I know it'd make it easier to find the help but I'm pretty sure you get the idea of the direction I'm going with this.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Need some Guidance
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:23:00 AM »
You seem to be at the very beginning stages.  So what you want is a food chemist.  Oversimplifying greatly, chemical engineering is involved in scale-up.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sunshine1025

Re: Need some Guidance
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:15:35 AM »
Thank you for your reply, @Arkcon. Appreciate it. So you're saying that only because I'm in the beginning stages is the reason why I need the food chemist.... to fully get the idea together with their expertise and then later when the idea is together and worked out is when we w
You seem to be at the very beginning stages.  So what you want is a food chemist.  Oversimplifying greatly, chemical engineering is involved in scale-up.
ould present it to a chemical engineer to help develop?

Sponsored Links