April 24, 2024, 10:53:40 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Citrate Synthase Lab  (Read 2002 times)

Offline dc5sb

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Citrate Synthase Lab
« on: December 19, 2014, 03:48:04 PM »
I have obtained concentrations for 3 unknown proteins through BCA assay. I ran kinetics on a spectrophotometer for each unknown at two different different volumes(5uL and 10uL). We only did 1 trial for each volume for each unknown(6 measurements). We ran out of time to do more and we were having some issues with the substrates. Regardless, I now have to write a report on the experiment.

This was a citrate synthase experiment. I have no idea what I am looking for. What I do know is that when we increase the volume of the protein samples the ABS/sec goes up. Im assuming I should solve for Km and Vmax, but other than that I have no idea what this means as it relates to citrate synthase. Ive asked the instructor and am told to interpret it myself. I am lost here. Help please.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
Re: Citrate Synthase Lab
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 03:28:27 PM »
It is a forum rule that you must show your attempt first before we can help you.  But for starters you could clarify one or two things.  What "unknown" do you mean?  What was measured six times?  I have a feeling that you may be conflating two kinds of experiments, but without more information it is difficult to be certain.

Sponsored Links