March 29, 2024, 01:53:17 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: anonymos reaction  (Read 4164 times)

Offline mahdad

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
anonymos reaction
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:54:19 AM »
HI GUYS
i've a little hard question.i need a chemical reaction that releases 100kj heat in 50grams of substances(maximum).and this reaction should completely occurs in water.and it shouldn't make fire or s.th like this, i just want to make 300ml of water from 10 celcius to 90.

can you help me find that?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: anonymos reaction
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:33:28 AM »
So you want to make something like a self heating drink - have you checked what solutions/methods are already in use?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:54:12 AM »
@mahdad

what did you mean
or s.th like this

Offline mahdad

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 07:23:56 AM »
@Borek and @billnotgatez
THIS IS THE WHOLE STORY:i've a project about a special kind of self-heating liquid contained system.
and in this system we have 2portions that they seperated via a thin steel sheet.(imagine a glass of liquid that a heating portion is located at the center of it.)the 2nd liquid contained portion that we need should not get mixed with 1st portion's liquid.i need a chemical reaction that occurs in 1st portion(maximum 50grams)that can increase the temp of 300ml of liquid from 10 to 90.and it's obvious that recation should not 1.burst(make lots of gas moles during react.because the 1st portion is closed system that can only transfer heat)2.make lots of fire and3.make light

now how can i find that hellish reaction??

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 08:49:36 AM »
Are you trying to make heat like one of the below processes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-heating_can
Self-heating can
The source of the heat for the self-heated can is an exothermic reaction that the user initiates by pressing on the bottom of the can. The can is manufactured as three containers. A container for the beverage surrounds a container of the heating agent separated from a container of water by a thin breakable membrane. When the user pushes on the bottom of the can, a rod pierces the membrane, allowing the water and heating agent to mix. The resulting reaction releases heat thus warms the beverage surrounding it.

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flameless_ration_heater
Flameless ration heater
A flameless ration heater, or FRH, is a water-activated exothermic chemical heater included with Meals, Ready-to-Eat (MREs), used to heat the food. US military specifications for the heater required that it be capable of raising the temperature of an 8 ounces (226.8 g) entree by 100 °F (56 °C) in twelve minutes, and that it has no visible flame.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:03:11 AM by billnotgatez »

Sponsored Links